We are looking for a mid-level leader who is comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment to help design, implement and troubleshoot network and security issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Security engineer responsible for interfacing with the operations team, taking a proactive view on security design and implementation, risk management and be both conversant on security best practices as well as having had hands on experience.
You will be the team’s SME on :
- Provide network security design, consulting and/or solutions for a broad range of IT projects, including access for 3rd parties.
- Improve security designs, documentation, architecture to address a changing risk landscape and regulatory requirements.
- Create and communicate standard solutions which ensure secure network design and operation that have practical application.
- Able to evaluate and analyze white papers and detailed technical specifications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current security trends, best practices, OSI model.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Security, TCOM/Network, Midrange, and Desktop groups and resources to provide secure solutions.
- Develop security solutions that adhere and enforce the security policies, standards and IT portfolio.
- Analyze and augment security cases where access between security zones must be approved, in accordance with Company’s Security Policies and Standards.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on network management/security tools and processes.
- Assess security posture proxies, internet gateways, VPN’s, remote access, wireless network access.
- Make risk based decisions and recommendations for information/network security challenges.
- Manage/enforce network access control and role based access.
- Coordinate and perform changes using 3rd parties remote hands with proper change management.
- Protocol monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Service awareness of all IT services for which support is being provided.
- Technical leadership for project / run and maintain based assignments.
- Manage global operations of critical infrastructure in a multi-supplier environment.
- Implements processes and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to information security standards; facilitates migration of non-compliant environments to compliant environments.
- Enforces security policies and procedures.
- Responsible for evaluation and selection of security applications and systems
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience or equivalent professional work experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- TCP/IP protocols and the services running on top of it such as HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, and other common business solutions in house or cloud Wireshark.
- Authentication/authorization processes, two factor authentication, role based access control.
- Security standards such as NIST and common industry practice/best practices.
- Understanding of EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, and static routing.
- Understand network/device monitoring (up/down, performance, capacity planning).
- Network security fundamentals/enforcement experience. Ports and protocols, session based connections, OS system types and features, OS/Network hardening.
- Experience with at least two firewall brands/technologies.
- Knowledge of marketplace and key vendors; current on technologies, trends.
- Ability to work across diverse global teams; Prefer experience with multinational company.
- High organizational skills; Ability to multi-task and meet deadline; Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance.
- Experience interacting with auditors, internal and external.
Additional skills which would help secure you the position:
- Certs knowledge.
- Firewall certifications.
- Security +.
- IDS/IPS Cert.
- Cisco Network certifications.
- VoIP Services/PBX in the cloud.
On a personal level we are looking for:
- Self directed people who want to learn and develop.
- Responsibility is key.
- No "lone rangers". We succeed and fail as a team.
What we offer is:
- Challenge and responsibility.
- Generous pay, depending on experience.
- Lots of paid time off.
- A fun collegial working environment with some of the best people you could hope to meet.
To apply (please take note):
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include a brief paragraph on why you are perfect for the job(and yes, we're testing you here).
- We require your salary expectations (feel free to tell us what you are currently earning, or a range. This is only to make sure we are in the same ballpark).
We will respond to every serious applicant. Thank you and we look forward to meeting.